This case study shows how Mercuri International has helped one of the world’s most prominent companies and Europe’s largest technology conglomerate to form closer and more effective relationship with key accounts and hence increase cross selling across different regions and industries. Managed accounts are now growing at twice the rate as non-managed accounts.
- This company is one of the world’s most prominent companies and Europe’s largest technology conglomerate. The company provides innovative technology to customers in 190 countries. They believe that by building effective relationships with their key accounts they are able to maximize value for both organizations.
- The challenge for the account manager is to effectively align a complex and diverse organizations such as this company with customers that are complex and diverse themselves. Mercuri International with a proven track record, global reach and respected training professionals was chosen for the task.
- The company is investing in their account managers by providing them with a blended learning opportunity comprised of local seminars, global forums, e-learning and virtual learning. The program is spread over two to three years. Mercuri International collaborated with the company to design a customized innovative five step program for the company’s Top 100 Global Account Managers and nearly 4000 Regional Account Managers.
- Mercuri International Professionals are experienced global and strategic account managers themselves and were able to quickly understand, collaborate and gain trust of the organisation to build relevant, effective solutions…
- Attended Quote : « All of the training is applied immediately to our real customers and real life scenarios. Every one of these programs whether they are through e-learning, helped me to develop and implement a better account business plan. »
The Result – Increased account penetration
- The company’s account managers reported increased account penetration and increased personal efficiency.
- The company managed accounts are now growing at twice the rate as non-managed accounts.
- The company was able to quickly see that the sales training program was yielding value, as the training takes place using their own CRM and pipeline tools they can easily measure the results.